The Amazon Great Indian Festival 2023 started from October 8th , with 24 hours of Prime early access, giving customers access to more than 5,000 new launches from top brands at with attractive offers on smartphones, premium electronics, high-quality TVs, engaging books, health & personal care essentials, fashion items, durable luggage, home decor, and fitness gear.
Amazon today announced that its month-long Great Indian Festival (GIF) 2023 has seen the best-ever shopping celebrations for its customers, sellers and brand partners across the length and breadth of the country.
With over 38,000 sellers achieving their highest-ever single day sales and more than 15 lakhs new customers shopping for the first time for their favorite products and brands, it was the best-ever festive season for Amazon India and its partners. Shopping was made more affordable and convenient for customers with exciting bank discounts and unique rewards helping customers save more than INR 600 crores.
“The Amazon Great Indian Festival 2023 has been the biggest ever in history! We are humbled to be a part of customer’s festivities and witnessed a record of more than 110 crores visits with 15 lakh+ new customers shopping on Amazon India for the first time. This festive season, 80% of our customers who shopped came from tier 2-3 cities reiterating our strong capabilities of delivering across all serviceable pin codes in India. We also saw the highest ever Prime sign ups in a single day this season along with the highest seller participation along with 5,000 new launches from top brands. A heartfelt thank you to our customers, brand and bank partners, sellers, and delivery associates, for making this the biggest celebration ever in the history of our operations in India” said Manish Tiwary, Country Manager, India Consumer Business, Amazon.
Lets check out the some of the Amazing Numbers from The Amazon Great Indian Festival 2023:
- The Great Indian Festival 2023 witnessed the highest customer visits, transactions, new launches, orders, and savings than any previous year
- Customers from 99.7% pin codes shopped during the month-long celebrations with 80% of the customers shopping from tier 2 & 3 towns like Jalandhar, Kolhapur, Midnapore, Visakhapatnam and more
- Most number of customer visits stood at more than 110 crores making it the highest ever
- Received highest single day of Prime sign-ups in the first 48 hours. More than 65% of Prime members who shopped during the festive season were from tier 2 & 3 cities/towns
- Over 35% increase in small and medium businesses receiving sales when compared with 2022
- 2023 festive season saw the highest-ever number of sellers receiving a sale. Over 750 sellers made sales worth crores, over 31,000 sellers made sales worth lakhs. The highest number ever during any festive period.
- 5000 new products launched from top brands across categories – the largest ever
- More than 15 lakhs new customers shopped for the first time for their favorite brands across categories
- Amazon Pay Later usage stood at 2.4x vs last year, with EMI share doubling as we expanded credit to INR 1,00,000
- 3 in 4 Prime members opted for Amazon Pay ICICI Bank co-branded credit card to avail exciting cashback offers; usage for Amazon Pay ICICI Bank co-branded credit card grew 25% when compared with 2022
- Amazon Pay UPI users grew 2x when compared with 2022
- Shopping was made more affordable for customers with offers from 6 Banks including SBI Banks, ICICI Bank and more; with the offers being accessible to 65% of India’s credit card base and 36% of India’s debit card base
- Exciting bank discounts and unique rewards during the month long Great Indian Festival 2023, helped customers save over INR 600 crores
- Fast and reliable deliveries with 90% pin codes getting their orders within 48 hours