Google has revealed the next generations of Pixel Devices namely Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with Google’s latest android 8.0 aka Oreo operating system and will be releasing the soon in India somewhere in November this year.
The Prices in India will be somewhere around Rs.61,000 for the Pixel 2 and Rs.73,000 for larger XL . This makes it quite a expensive phone in a market dominated by Galaxies and Notes of Samsung.
Some of the Key Specs are as below
- Pixel 2 – 5″ FHD AMOLED Display and Pixel 2 XL – 6″ QHD pOLED Display.
- Processor :Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- RAM:4GB and Storage of 64GB & 128GB models.
- Both Phones have Active Edge Squeeze Feature
- IP67 Water and Dust Resistant.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Screen Protection
- Aluminium Unibody with Hybrid Coating
- Battery : Pixel 2: 2700 mAh and Pixel 2 XL: 3520 mAh
- Camera :Rear: 12.2MP with f/1.8 aperture • Front: 8MP
Unlike some popular recent launch trend with dual cameras spotted in this Samsung and Apple Flagships, Google has decided to stick to single cameras at rear and front. The phones comes some interesting set of security features such as Google Play protect, a built-in security chip and promise to security updates for upto 3 years.
Pixel 2 has comes with comes Qualcomm Fast charging and claims to get 7hrs of battery life in just 15 mins of charge. Google has opted for back mounted finger print sensor which personally we do not like.
It also comes with the Active Edge Squeeze Feature wherein you just need to squeeze the Pixel 2 or Pixel 2 XL to launch Google Assistant. You can also use the feature for other things, like squeezing to take a selfie etc.
With Google trying their luck in round 2 of the premium smartphones, and with recent acquisition of HTC mobile division we will have to wait and watch how it can fare against might Samsung and Apples.